So, are you planning a trip to Alleppey? If yes, then you should definitely know where to stay in Alleppey.
The best time to visit Alleppey is between October to March when the weather remains awesome for sightseeing and for other recreational activities. So, if you want to visit you can visit Alleppey during this time of the year.
Well, the place of accommodation totally depends on what type of place you choose for.
It also depends on what type of facilities, recreational activities, and views you choose for. So, selecting a perfect place to stay can make your holiday super-duper amazing.
This is the perfect post to read right now. Reading this you will know where to stay and what you can enjoy in those areas in Alleppey.
So, without any further ado let’s find an awesome place to stay in Alleppey…
For sea view: Stay near the beach
The beaches in Alleppey are an extremely popular tourist destination. It provides a wonderful sea view and the glimpses of beautiful nature.
The beaches in Allepey are the Alleppey Beach, Marari Beach, Andhakaranazhi Beach, and Thottapally Beach. The most commonly visited one is the Alleppey beach.
Once you reach there in Alleppey Beach you will find an old pier that extends to the sea and is over 150 years old.
It’s recommended that if you want to stay in a beachside then, stay near Alleppey Beach. Alleppey beach is the overall best one.
Why you should stay here
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding lush green landscapes and, the sandy beach.
- You can see the sea that meets the backwaters network near the beach.
- The calm surrounding of the beach near the palm trees along with the vast sea serenity is very breathtaking.
- The beachside is a truly relaxing place. You can enjoy some true relaxation on the water without having to wait for your backwaters tour.
- Alleppey Beach Garden: This is a very awesome hotel located just nearby the Alleppey Beach. Some rooms include a seating area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. You will literally love this place.
- Baywatch Beach Resort: It’s a very fantastic resort that you should consider staying in Alleppey. This beachfront resort provides various awesome facilities and is so likely that you will enjoy a peaceful stay here.
- Neela Waters- Beach Homestay: It’s a very beautiful homestay. Set within 250 m of Alleppey Beach and 1.4 km of Thumpoly Beach, Neela Waters Homestay offers rooms with air conditioning and a private bathroom. Above all the location of this place is just exceptional.
To enjoy the backwaters: Stay in a boathouse cruise
Alleppey is mostly famous for its houseboat cruises. So, a majority of the tourists visit here to enjoy a wonderful stay in the houseboats.
The backwaters of Alleppey are well-known for an overnight backwater cruise in the traditional Kerala style houseboats.
The Alleppey houseboats are actually huge modified boats that provide a wonderful facility to stay inside it with all types of modern amenities like bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, balcony, water supply, lighting, dining room, beautiful furniture, etc.
The Kerala type houseboats can be seen all around Alleppey and these have certain features, which make them unique in design and style.
Why you should stay here
- Staying in a houseboat in Alleppey is totally worth the cost, enjoyment, and luxury feeling. You will feel like staying away from the hustles and bustle of daily life amidst the calm and pristine backwaters of Alleppey.
- You can enjoy both sightseeing and tour as the houseboat sails through the network of backwaters.
- The speed of the houseboats is usually slow and very sightseeing-friendly. The boats sail through the backwaters at a maximum speed of 9-11 kilometer per hour.
- It’s like accomodating a moving house that sails through the pristine scenic surrounding along the network of backwaters.
- Xandari Riverscapes Houseboat: This is one of the best houseboats in Alleppey. Xandari Riverscapes are a fleet of houseboats which sails along Vembanad Lake and in the backwaters of Alleppey. The houseboats are docked near Pallathuruthy Bridge. You will have an overall magnificent stay at the houseboat of Xandari. It is a very comfortable boat on the quiet backwaters of Alleppey.
- Harmony Houseboat: This one is a very awesome houseboat. Harmony Houseboats offers accommodation with a restaurant, a shared lounge, and room service for your convenience. It’s a perfect value for money with neat and clean rooms and good food.
- Abad Premium Houseboat: This houseboat will give you a peaceful and relaxing experience. It’s a very interesting cruise away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday day life. Along with a wonderful and very helpful crew, good food, very nice bedroom this houseboat will surely make your trip awesome.
How To Find The Best Houseboats In Alleppey?
For easy access to anywhere: Stay near Alleppey town
Staying near the town can be a very good and convenient option.
Finding accommodation in town means that you’ll be quite closer to both the bus station and the ferry station.
It will also be easy for you to go anywhere in Alleppey from backwaters to the sea beaches.
Moreover, if you don’t have any such interest to stay near the backwaters nor the beachside you can opt for this option.
Why you should stay here
- You will find it easy to access various public transportation stations.
- The hotels near the town are more budget-friendly than the houseboat cruises and beachside resorts.
- It may also be easier to find a wider variety of food options when you stay near the Alleppey main town.
- You will be at the centre of the town so it’s best for shopping and visiting some of the other locations that are not easily accessible via. the backwaters.
- In case you want to take a bus you can easily reach the bus station. Or, if you want to take a ferry you can easily reach the ferry station. All at ease.
- Camelot Hotel: This is one of a very luxurious hotel in Alleppey that will offer you a budget-friendly accommodation. Alleppey’s picturesque backwaters are 4 Km from the property while the Alleppey Railway Station and Bus station are within 8 Km of the property.
- Kalappura Homestay: It’s another awesome homestay. Guests love this place. If you want, they can even offer you both a bicycle rental service and a car rental service. Cycling can also be enjoyed nearby.
- Orchid Homestay: This pretty awesome homestay is located Near KSRTC Bus Station, North of New Matha Footbridge Finishing Point Road. The accommodation is very loving and budget-friendly. Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including cycling and canoeing. The homestay also offers bike hire if you need it.
For natural beauty and sightseeing: Stay near the backwaters
Choosing a resort to stay near the backwaters is the best feeling one can have in Alleppey.
The backwater resorts in Alleppey provide once in a lifetime experience to tourists, irrespective of whether they are on a holiday, honeymoon, or adventurous trip.
Apart from just hiring a houseboat that sails you through the backwaters, a backwater resort is something that will provide you a still pristine view of the nearby lake and backwater lagoons.
You can enjoy the views of the sunrise and sunset, along with the lush greenery from the resort itself.
The resorts have something to offer for every category of guests that will suit everyone’s budget.
Why you should stay here
- You can enjoy direct views sitting from the peaceful banks of the lakes and backwaters in Alleppey.
- You will love staying in the traditional Kerala style of architecture, along with enjoying the features of an outdoor pool and Ayurvedic Centre.
- Above everything, you will just love the location while enjoying the verdant scenery that enchants the nature lovers.
- The best part is that, if you want to rent a houseboat you can do it easily. Just ask the lakeside resort and they can arrange on for you.
- Moreover, you won’t need to go to the ferry station to get on your houseboat. You can just start your houseboat cruise directly from the backwater passing near the resort. Just ask your resort staff to arrange it for you. That’s easy, right?
- Punnamada Resort: Should say that this is the best one in Alleppey. Sitting on the peaceful banks of Vembanad Lake, Punnamada Resort is 4 km from Alleppey Town. Offering villas with traditional Kerala architecture, it features an outdoor pool and Ayurvedic Centre as well.
- Malayalam Lake Resort: This one is a pretty awesome resort. Every room has a balcony with an awesome lake view. Rooms at this place should cost at least twice as much as they do because the location near the backwater lake is incredible.
- Deshadan Backwater Resort: Spread across 1.5 acres of landscape ground, Deshadan Backwater Resort is situated on the bank of Vembanad Lake. It’s a fabulous place and you can great views of the backwaters from the resort itself.
- Lake Palace Backwater Resort: It’s a fabulous resort. You will just have the feeling of backwaters everywhere if you stay here. Located on the banks of Vembanad Lake, Lake Palace Resort offers accommodation with Kerala architecture and pristine decorations. This resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking as well.
For backpackers: Stay in a hostel
Hostels are best for backpackers. Backpacker hostels are actually too cheap and pocket-friendly.
They provide all the major options that a hotel or resort provides. Moreover, backpacker hostels in Alleppey have become a popular and growing concept of temporary stay.
You can get clean and comfortable rooms to stay in, and in many places, you can also get free breakfast included as well.
Just one thing, in a hostel you will be sharing the same room with other guests. Just see the picture of the hostel above you will get an idea.
Why you should stay here
- It’s the best budget-friendly option for solo-female travelers and backpackers alike.
- Hostels are more than just somewhere to stay. You can meet new people, share a great time together, and save some money on a budget trip.
- Meet new like-minded travelers like you. Before the trip begins you will be basically strangers and in the end, you all will become close friends.
- You will get a locker, sitting area, working table, etc. There are lockers so chill, even if you are sharing a room with people you don’t know, your stuff will always be safe.
- Zostel Alleppey: It’s a great little hostel right by the beach in Alleppey! Zostel Alleppey features a shared lounge and free WiFi. Featuring a concierge service, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation provides evening entertainment and a 24-hour front desk too.
- Carpe Diem BnB: Must say, it’s a fabulous hostel. The rooms at the hostel are fitted with a seating area. Moreover, you can opt for cycling, and bike hire and car hire is also available at the accommodation.
- Aramana Holiday Inn: Another pretty awesome hostel. At the hostel, all rooms have a private bathroom with free toiletries. If you like, you can also play table tennis at the accommodation, and bike hire and car hire are also available here.