Are you thinking of planning a trip to the Andaman Islands? If yes, then you should definitely know how many days to spend on the trip.
If you are still confused and curious to know the number of days required to visit Andaman then, you should definitely read this post from start to end.
6 nights & 7 days trip will be just enough for an Andaman Island trip if you just want to enjoy an awesome holiday covering the main attractions. Just in case, you want to enjoy an overall full-fledged trip where you can enjoy all the activities, places, and attractions you need at least 10-12 days.
That’s not all there’s more information to gather. This complete post will guide you for the trip!
Simply keep reading this post and will let you know everything in detail.
So, Just Keep Reading…
Overall, How many days are enough to visit Andaman?
6 nights & 7 days trip will be just enough for an Andaman Island trip. Just make sure to book your flight tickets at least 2–3 months in advance, as these, can be a bit expensive according to the budget.
If you are traveling to Andaman for the first time on a family, friends, or a honeymoon trip, it’s better recommended that you spend at least 5 days staying on the island. Spend the next 2 days to travel around thus making it a wonderful vacation.
The above mentioned 6 days & 7 nights trip will let you explore some of the major attractions of Andaman within a comfortable brief time.
But, if you want to explore a leisure holiday while spending time at many locations and doing various activities than it’s suggested that you spend atleast 10-12 days for the trip.
Most tour operators will provide a 5 to 7 days trip depending on your budget and trip type. There are hardy a few which will provide you with a 10-12 days trip.
If you want to go for a 10-12 days leisure trip than you should contact your tour provider and they will prepare a custom trip itinerary for you.
Another point of suggestion is that try to plan the tour all by yourself. If you are thinking to go to a travel agent to book you a tour to Andaman then, it would cost you more.
So, better to book all by yourself. You will find that you are saving at least Rs. 15,000–20,000, if you make bookings all by yourself.
Suggested Andaman tours & activities you can try
Best time to visit: October to May
The very best time to visit Andaman Islands is between the months of October to May. It is the time when the majority of the tourists visit Andaman.
During this time of the year, the weather remains pleasant and is just perfect for sightseeing, water sports, and any type of beach activity.
Although, it is good to visit the Andaman Islands at any time of the year as it is a year-round destination. But, during the summer and winter season, it can sometimes go worst.
In the summer season between April to July, the temperature remains between 24°C to 37°C, and it’s super hot there.
And, during the monsoon between July to September tourism gets hinder due to heavy rainfall and unpredictable sea conditions.
So, between October to May is the very best time to visit Andaman. And the very peak time to visit will be in the winters between December and March.
Places to visit during your trip
These are the places to visit during your Andaman trip. You should anyhow include some of these below-mentioned places in your trip itinerary or you will miss a lot.
- Port Blair: This is the capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The only airport to reach in Andaman is located here. Major attractions near this place include Cellular Jail, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, Corbyn’s Cove Beach, Chidiya Tapu, Samudrika Marine Museum, North Bay Island, Jolly Buoy Island, Anthropological Museum, etc.
- Baratang Island: This place is well known for its forests, mud volcanoes, and limestones caves. Major attractions nearby include Limestone Caves, Mud Volcano, Parrot Island, and Baludera Beach.
- Havelock Island: This is yet another very beautiful island known for its beaches is located just 2-3 hours of ferry ride from Port Blair. Major attractions near this place include Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach, Kalapathar Beach, and Vijaynagar Beach.
- Neil Island: Neil island is famous for its coral reefs, white shores, adventure sports, and beaches. Places to visit nearby include Bharatpur Beach, Sitapur Beach, Lakshmanpur Beach, and the mesmerizing Natural Bridge.
- Ross Island: Ross Island is famous for the ruins of Penal colony. Major attractions near this place include Penal Colony, British Colony Ruins, Japanese bunkers, Barren Island, and the Forest Department Museum.
- Middle Andaman Island: This Island is known for its turtle species, mangrove forests, and its beaches. Places to visit nearby include Cuthbert Bay Beach, Panchvati Hills, Amkunj Beach, Long Island, Dhani Nallah Mangrove Nature Walkway.
How much time to spend where in Andaman
In order to get the best of your trip within the planned number of days, below is the recommended duration to spend in the following places you visit during your Andaman trip.
This is just an estimated time. The actual duration can vary depending on the situation and trip type.
Also, the travel time to and from the place is excluded.
|Place||Ideal Tour Duration|
|Port Blair||2 days|
|Baratang Island||6-7 hours|
|Havelock Island||1-2 days|
|Neil Island||1-2 days|
|Ross Island||2-4 hours|
|Middle Andaman Island||1-2 days|
|Place||Ideal Tour Duration|
|Cellular Jail||1-2 hours|
|Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park||2-3 hours|
|Corbyn’s Cove Beach||1 hour|
|Chidiya Tapu||1-2 hours|
|Samudrika Marine Museum||1-2 hours|
|North Bay Island||4 hours|
|Jolly Buoy Island||4 hours|
|Anthropological Museum||1-2 hours|
|Limestone Caves||1-2 hours|
|Mud Volcano||1-2 hours|
|Parrot Island||3-4 hours|
|Baludera Beach||1-2 hours|
|Radhanagar Beach||3-4 hours|
|Elephant Beach||2-3 hours|
|Kalapathar Beach||1-2 hours|
|Vijaynagar Beach||2-3 hours|
|Bharatpur Beach||2-3 hours|
|Sitapur Beach||2-3 hours|
|Lakshmanpur Beach||1-2 hours|
|Natural Bridge||1 hour|
|Penal Colony||1-2 hours|
|British Colony Ruins||1 hour|
|Japanese bunkers||1 hour|
|Barren Island||10-12 hours|
|Forest Department Museum||1-2 hours|
|Cuthbert Bay Beach||1-2 hours|
|Panchvati Hills||1-2 hours|
|Amkunj Beach||2-3 hours|
|Long Island||3-4 hours|
|Dhani Nallah Mangrove Nature Walkway||1 hour|
If you yourself want to book the trip all by yourself then, these are the recommended options to choose for:
- Read (How To Plan A Trip To Andaman?) if you want to know the proper information to plan your Andaman trip and enjoy the best out of it.
- Use (Booking.com) to book your hotels. They offer free cancellation on nearly all rooms, good reviews to check, and clear pricing with no hidden fees in the hotel price.
- Use (Viator.com) to book your tours and activities. The best part is that they offer free cancellation. So, you’ll receive a full refund if you cancel your booked activity at least 24 hours in advance of most experiences.