Do you want to plan a relaxing trip to Hope Island, Kakinada? Or, simply want to learn about this very beautiful and wonderful island. Then, you are in the right place.
Hope Island is a very gorgeous forest island. We say it’s a nature built island with thorny bushes.
It’s located at such a place where one has to prefer to get on a boat from the Kakinada harbor to reach there. After reaching there you will get the best out of your trip. This place is so lovingly beautiful.
Your experience will be a very thrilling ride on the sea to reach Hope Island. This really is a very small island at the center of the sea.
Make sure to take your own food and water before going to the island. Since there is no food or any outlet on the island. So, it will be always better that you carry it from the town itself.
Anyways, there is so much to learn and know about the Hope Island, Kakinada.
So, keep reading and keep exploring. You surely need it.
About the Hope Island, Kakinada
Hope Island At Glance:
- The Hope Island stretches over a 730 acres land area.
- There is a 23-24 km long sand beach around the Island.
- The Region between Kakinada Shore and Hope Island Is called the Kakinada Bay.
- The northern region of the island is called the”Godavari point” which is the entrance point to the Kakinada Bay and also the Kakinada harbor.
- This Island came into existence at about 500-600 years ago.
- About 500-600 years ago, this Island was naturally made by sand drifting and sediment outflow carried by the waters of the Koringa River.
- The region between the Kakinada shore and Hope Island is called Kakinada Bay, and surprisingly this Bay is about 146 km² in area.
- Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary is only about 11 km away from Hope Island. You can witness the largest stretch of mangrove forests far from this island.
Hope Island is a nice weekend escape for any age group. Enjoy your day and travel to Hope Island from Kakinada fishing harbor. It will be a great traveling experience with many gorgeous views around.
Hope Island looks like a small tadpole-shaped island when you see its aerial view. This island is located off the Kakinada coast on the Bay of Bengal.
This place feels like peaceful heaven for lovers and lonely people. It seems like nature’s attraction which is so pretty during the winter and the rainy season.
This island is very well-known amongst the boat sailors and fishermen as it’s popular for providing a natural land to sailors against the harsh forces of wind and heavy waves coming from the vast sea.
Travelers visiting this place will be blessed to witness some of the mesmerizing and appreciating beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
They can also witness some of the excellent views of some of the numerous protected species of plants and animals that grow and flourish there.
This place is a good place for trekking through the bushes and jungles. This place is so fantastic for hiking and for wandering around aimlessly.
The boat that you have hired from the Kakinada coast will drop you on the island. The boat will drop you at one end of the island and you will need to walk to another while exploring the views of the sea and the beach.
This can be around 2km long walk on this very lonely place. It’s better that you visit this lonely island in a group of 4-5 people or even more for self-safety.
It is a very good option to visit here and spend some time relaxing, playing, and enjoying nature with your loved ones, friends, and family.
While one thing you need to take care of is that you won’t find any food items close to the Kakinada harbor and the island itself. Carry your essentials with you from the town if you plan to visit Hope Island, Kakinada.
Location of the Hope Island
Hope Island which is also known as the Kakinada Bay is a small island located near the Kakinada city. It is located about 15 km away from the Kakinada coast, Andhra Pradesh, India in the Bay of Bengal ocean. The location is such that you have to take a boat from the nearby Kakinada coast to reach the Hope Island after a 45-60 minutes ride.
If you view it aerially from the sky using a drone or google maps, it looks like a small tadpole-shaped slightly curved long Island situated off the coast of Kakinada, India.
The geography and location of the island help the Kakinada city a lot. The island protects the town from the powerful tidal waves/tsunami and cyclones coming from the Bay of Bengal.
This makes the Kakinada port as one among the other safest natural ports in the Eastern Coast of India.
This is also a very quiet and lonely island with a couple of government buildings and with fishermen small temporary settlements onto it.
How to reach Hope Island, Kakinada?
How to reach Kakinada Port?
|MODE||NEAREST BEST OPTION||DISTANCE|
|By Flight||Rajahmundry Airport, Madhurapudi, Andhra Pradesh||62 km|
|By Train||Kakinada Town Railway Station, Rama Rao Peta, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh||2 km|
|By Bus||Sarpavaram Junction Bus Stop, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh 533003||1.3 km|
How to reach Hope Island from Kakinada Port?
Hope Island can be reached only by boat from the Kakinada Port. You need to take a boat from the nearby Kakinada coast to reach Hope Island.
It will take about a 45-60 minutes boat ride to reach there. This island is located about 15 km away from the Kakinada Port, Andhra Pradesh.
And, the ticket cost will be about Rs.200-250 per person from Kakinada Harbor to the Island.
Arrive at the port and purchase a ticket. It is on arrival ticket purchase at the counter.
Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) boats are available there and they will take you from the port to the island at a very budget-friendly rate.
What to see and do in Hope Island, Kakinada?
- You can see the far located mangrove forests of the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Or, if you take a boat next to the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary to Hope Island then a very beautiful sight of the mangrove forest will welcome you on either side while approaching the vast sea.
- Hope Island is a very superb place for doing a mini trip. It is possible to spend some time there relaxing, playing, and enjoying some precious time with nature. No one to disturb you.
- This one is a very beautiful and enjoyable place especially when you go with your friends.
- It’s a perfect Pic-nic spot. Pre-book a boat for a day from the Kakinada harbor. Carry the required food items, drinking water, a camp, and other essentials with you while you go there.
- This place is full of nature and beautiful far away from the hustles and bustles of daily life. It’s an awesome place for doing photoshoots. Go! capture your memories.
- It’s a perfect place for hiking and wandering around with your friends, family, and loved ones. Reach the other end of the island while exploring the sea and the beach.
- Here you can see lots of shellfish, snails, and oysters on the seashore. You can witness a wide variety of plants and animals that grow and flourish here.
- This is the nesting ground of the vulnerable Olive Ridley turtle. You can see the beautiful female turtles laying eggs on the shores of Hope Island.
- This place is a perfect spot to indulge yourself in bird-watching. You can see the birds like Red-wattled Lapwing, Blue Kingfisher, Pied Kingfisher, and many more.
Best time to visit
Winter season is the best time to visit Hope Island, Kakinada. During this time of the year, you can encounter a pleasant and gentle breeze refreshing your adventure. The temperature remains pretty awesome ranging between 20°C to 33°C providing a perfect time to explore the gorgeous nature of the Hope Island.
|The summers are too hot and dry. The weather can be quite extreme in summers. This is not the best time to visit Hope Island.|
|This Island receives most of the rainfall during this season and is not quite recommended for tourists to visit. Although, nature can be seen at its best during this time of the year. But, then so it’s not the best time to visit the Island.|
|The weather remains quite comfortable and awesome during this time of the year. The coast experiences moderate temperatures and thus is a good option for adventure lovers. Winter season is the best time to visit Hope Island, Kakinada.|
Average Monthly Weather Forecast of Hope Island
Hope Island Timings
|DAY TIME||BEST TIME|
|Morning Time||9:00 am To 1:00 pm|
|Afternoon Time||1:00 pm To 4:00 pm|
Hope Island, Kakinada: The World-Class Coastal & Eco-Tourism Circuit
The lovely Hope Island located off the shore of Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh is soon to be created as a World-class coastal and eco-tourism hotspot.
The Ministry of Tourism, beneath its Swadesh Darshan Scheme, is all set to enhance and increase the infrastructure and connectivity of this beautiful destination.
Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary located nearby and the Hope Island is the nesting ground of Olive Ridley Turtles. Altogether 269 other varieties of birds can also be seen in this Marine Protected Area.
This place has enveloped within itself a unique ecosystem of flora and fauna. This island and the Wildlife Sanctuary is being introduced and developed as a new eco-tourism spot.
The flora and fauna generate significant environmental and financial advantages like sea-shore protection and sustainable livelihoods for the locals. It protects the Kakinada area from natural calamities like cyclones, storms, tsunamis, and coastal erosion.
Nevertheless, this place is best for enjoying various eco-friendly things and activities all around the island. It is a perfect spot to indulge yourself in bird-watching and witness the variety in nature therein Hope Island, Kakinada.
The most commonly spotted birds here include Grey Heron, Sandpiper, Little Egret, Red-wattled Lapwing, Blue Kingfisher, Pied Kingfisher, Brahminy Kites, Little Cormorants, etc.